Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Gamma Bomb

Credit for the creation of this idea goes to Tom and Brother Dan. I'll let Tom edit the post and fill in the details of its creation. All I can say is I tested this creation in it's weaker form and it's awesome.

This recipe, when concocted properly, creates an awesome green hue reminiscent of the Incredible Hulk. It's name is derived from the Marvel vs. Capcom video game. The Incredible Hulk's Special/Finishing Move was the Gamma Bomb. He would leap off screen and come back down with a giant boulder which he used to crush his foe. It was unstoppable and knocked you on your ass.

After having a few on Saturday night, I can say that the drink mimics the move (and I had the light version using Vodka). The best evidence of this drink's awesomeness came the morning after our testing sessions when my wife said "Ugh, I can still taste Gamma Bomb in my mouth" Combined with the fact that no one wanted orange juice the next morning means this idea gets an A+


The Gamma Bomb
Add 1 shot Grain Alcohol (where unavailable, Vodka will do) over orange juice and ice. Add just a splash of Blue Curacao and mix. (Perfect Hulk Green! - Tom)

Handle with Caution! Best advice is to use this drink between other, easier to handle, drinks and not to have seven or eight in a row, especially if you are using the grain alcohol. Or the next morning you may find yourself angry... and we wouldn't like you when you're angry.

No comments: