Tuesday, April 03, 2007

MASK The Movie

It is high time that I write about one of my favorite cartoons growing up. While Transformers, GI Joe, and He-Man hit more of a mass popularity, MASK was always one of my most beloved cartoons growing up. With CGI and good actors, I think this could make a fabulous movie. You have MASK vs. VENOM and vehicles that transform. That is awesome.

I think the story should be that of an origin story. While the story can be deemed somewhat prototypical (is that a word?), you have a team set out to do good until one of their own wants more power and creates a team of adversaries for the "good" team. In this case, Miles Mayhem is part of MASK until he turns face, steals some masks, and starts his own criminal organization called VENOM. I think its always cool in the movie when each team recruits their own members and then you see this team put together. So while MASK is somewhat intact, I would like to see Miles put together a VENOM team in order to compete with MASK. After the formation of the teams VENOM gets word of something and tries to steal it. I know that is really, really descriptive but I am just trying to outline things here.

Now, the tricky thing would be deciding on who to have in the movie and who to cast. Here is my list so far. Now, I know I can't have everyone but hey...that is what sequels are for. I am trying to think of a cast...and that is what comments are for.

MASK
Matt Trakker - Thunderhawk
Scott Trakker
T-Bob
Bruce Sato - Rhino
Alex Sector - Rhino
Gloria Baker - Shark
Brad Turner - Condor
Hondo McLean - Fire Cracker
Julio Lopez - Firefly

VENOM
Miles Mayhem - Switchblade
Sly Rax - Piranha
Vanessa Warfield - Manta
Bruno Shepard - Stinger
Nash Gorey - Outlaw
Lester Sludge - Iguana
Floyd Malloy - Vampire

So what do you think...do I smell a movie deal?

3 comments:

Ken said...

I think this is a great idea.

You go with a memorable idea, but not so popular that people are mad if one fact is altered. Genius!

Ken said...

This is a test to see if I can post comments after the switch to "new" Blogger

Souf Oaklin said...

Actually, my brother wanted to write a MASK comic book where Matt Trakker was killed, MASK disbanded, but a teenage Scott Trakker reactivated Boulder Hill and tried to reform MASK. T-Bob was now a much greater form of artificial intelligence and became Scott's tranforming vehicle. (I don't think he and I ever discussed what vehicle though.)

As always, "Lifter... on."